What Should You Do After A Car Accident?

Can I still file a Jacksonville personal injury claim if I contributed to the accident?

It is likely that you can. Florida has a legal doctrine called comparative negligence. Under this law, you can still file a claim against a negligent party even if you are partly responsible for your injuries. A judge or jury will determine how responsible you are, and reduce your compensation by that amount. For example, if you are 40% responsible, the defendant will have to pay 60% of your expenses.

To discuss the strength of your legal case, contact Jacksonville personal injury attorney Don Guthrie, PA at 904-296-1088.

Back to F.A.Q.

Privacy Policy
Bank of America Plaza at Southpoint
6622 Southpoint Drive South #150
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Phone: (904) 269-1088
home  |  firm philosophy  |  attorney profile  |  practice areas  |  articles  |  faqs  |  contact us  |  blog  |  legal colleagues  |  Find us on Google+ | sitemap  |  Log in

© Copyright 2008 The Law Offices of Donald D. Guthrie. All Rights Reserved.
The Law Offices of Donald D. Guthrie |  6622 Southpoint Drive South #150 JacksonvilleFL  32216 |  Phone: (904) 296-1088 |  Directions | Don Guthrie+

Maclenny | Jacksonville Beach | Lake City | Middleburg | St. Augustine | Ponte Vedra Beach | Orange Park | Yulee